Saturday, May 13, 2006

Walking The Path

This weekend I was at my parent's house and found some of my Mom's writings on the computer. She will be my guest blogger this week as I share some of her thoughts.

WALKING THE PATH

I think of Saints before me,
Who have walked the old, old path.
I look at the solid ground below,
Ancient and new, the doorway to Heaven’s path.

Everywhere I look, Creation is at it’s best.
Presenting their fruits of labor,
Amid the dew that’s glistening wet.

Wildflowers are brimming everywhere I see
The colors and varieties, have their quiet stance of duty,
My eyes are met with tears of joy, my heart is filled to the brim;
Seeing nature all around speak, sweetly, of Him.

My Jesus, my Jesus!
I look and see! Signs of my life are everywhere, here with me.
The intricate and delicate spider webs, are dripping with dew,
They are fragile! Can they bear the load?
Oh yes! They do the job You called them to do!

Most of the worldly sounds are banished from my ears.
Birds sing loud their choruses,
Joyfully giving their all;
Singing to God Hallelujah! Rejoicing in pure praises!

Sounds of warning, bold and strong
Echo from a mighty few.
Prepare ye now! Prepare ye now!
For the Bridegroom delayed not long!

Other birds are like the angels,
Their call is full of gentle and meek praises.
Quietly reminding me the time will not be long!
Jesus will come in His Glory!
Gathering His Elect from earth’s Heavenly floor.

My old, old path that is so new to me;
Reminds to me this very day.
Bend my knees, diligently pray!
Hearken willingly; and with cheer, obey!

written by:
Deborah Dean
October 7, 2003

No comments: