Thursday, September 28, 2006

Life's Odds and Ends

The past few days have been pretty busy with some fun times mixed in. Tuesday night I went bike riding with a friend from “yesterday days”. We rode on a walking/bike trail that’s near a river. (It looks like a big stream to me) It is such a beautiful trail back through the country area. We saw 10 deer in a field grazing for supper. There are times on the trail when you go through wooded areas by the river. Being evening there were a lot of bugs. I swallowed a few bugs (hey, I needed some protein) along the way out because I was talking. On the way back I got another one from the “Protein Platter” section of the trail for the same reason. I will know better next time.

I was given an abandoned kitten Wednesday. I named him Reagan after one of my favorite US Presidents. My Mom can’t stand cats and I was shocked she said I could bring it home. Her parents had two Siamese cats when she was little. Her remembrance of them consist of these cats clawing their way down the living room drapes screeching the entire name. I sympathize with her fear of cats after hearing some of those stories. Reagan is a very friendly kitten and wants to be near a human 24/7. I’m afraid he’s going to be lonely outside by himself. I love animals but I will not ever voluntarily let a cat live in the house. I think it’s really gross. I have been in homes were the cats climbed up on the kitchen counters. I’ve seen them in the kitchen sink, and up on the bookcases. Today Reagan was climbing up my dress trying to sit on my shoulder. I need to find a way for him to learn that is not acceptable! He’s also running in the house as soon as the door opens. I’m more used to trying to train a dog. (Notice I said try.) What I would like to do is get a little water bottle. When ever Reagan runs in through the door I’ll squirt him with some water and say no. I’ll see if that helps.

My parents have some chickens in our coop. They are dwindling in quantity since some creature has been stealing them away the past 2 days. This morning I went down to find the rooster has disappeared. A bunch of feathers were all that remained of him. He was a beautiful rooster. I liked him because he had never tried to spur me like our last rooster did.

This evening I have been sewing up several of my newly designed doll slings. I’m going to get some pictures taken with some little friends. Then the new doll slings will be up on
New Little Blessing. I had fun sewing them. I found some of the cutest fabrics for the doll slings. I really enjoy looking for fabrics. To be honest it’s my favorite part!

I have been taking an online college class on using Frontpage 2003. I finished the last lesson today. Now I need to put this learning to good use. I'm going to finish up my practice website before I touch New Little Blessing myself! The instructor was great. He did a wonderful job of making the class interesting and interactive, despite being online. Isn't there some quote about "the longer I live, the more I realize what I don't know." That's how I'm feeling these days. My brain is spinning!

No comments: