Thursday, October 05, 2006

Look to Jesus

What a week. I have not been in the mood for the trials God has allowed in my life one by one. I guess it's been more like telling God, "okay, time out please". My attitude had a good adjustment after hearing about the school shootings. You know my trials, though they be large in my life, still find me alive each day. I have a great deal to be grateful for. No room to complain.

I have kept up with world news off and on the past few days. It's downright scary thinking about all the wicked things happening in this world of ours. Let's see..shootings in an Amish school, Iran, Iraq, sin coming to light..need I say more? I taught my little nephew a song this weekend while we were at a camping trip with a church group. He told me he was afraid to go on the bike trail the next day. Why he was afraid I do not know. I taught him a song from a Judy Rodger's CD. It says, "When I am afraid I will trust in Him..I will trust in the Lord." Truely, when I myself am afraid that's what it boils down to. I need to stop, pour my heart out to God in prayer, and trust in Him! God is in control of this world. I belive that with all my heart. Despite the wickedness and evil that seems to prevail I believe without God's controlling Hand we would have destroyed each other by now. Nation against nation.

God blessed my heart last night. I had heard some of the comments made by Amish in the community where the school shootings occured. I heard one man say we must forgive. Another said maybe God was trying to teach them something. One man said they knew those children were with the Lord now and they wanted to meet them again someday. How can you speak in such a way? The only answer is the spirit of the Lord Jesus in your life. He taught us to pray for our enemies. Yes, those who hate and persecute you. The blessing of the comments I heard is this: they are speaking the reality of a life with Christ.

A favorite hymn of mine shares what I desire to do in the evil days that surround me.


Look for the beautiful,
look for the true;
Sunshine and shadow are all around you.
Looking at evil you grope in the night,
Looking at Jesus you walk in the light;
Look for the beautiful, honor the right.

Think of the beautiful,
think the true;
Thoughts like an avalanche sweep over you.
Keep not the multitude,
sort them with care,
Testing by purity,
purging by prayer;
Think of the beautiful,
think of the fair.

Talk of the beautiful,
talk of the true;
Tongues full of poisen are whispering to you.
Answer them not with a talebearing word,
only in blessing the voice should be heard;
Talk of the beautiful,
talk of the Lord.

Live for the beautiful,
live for the true,
Lifting the fallen as Christ lifted you.
Search for the jewels imbedded in sin;
Bring them to Jesus, his blood washes clean;
Live for the beautiful,
keep love within.

No comments: