Sunday, January 21, 2007

Snow and more Snow

Last weekend was the ice storm that hit the Midwest. Being out the country with no ice salt or plows I end up stuck for a few days. My Mom has learned the value of a food pantry. She has enough food on the shelves to last a week or more. I find it funny to go into the city right before a storm and see how busy all the stores are. People seem to be in a panic at the idea of being caught at home a day or more.
The ice storm was a lot of fun since I was at home. Across the road is some property that has been divided into 3 acre lots to be sold. The gravel road through the development has been laid but none of the lots have sold yet. One section of the road goes down a good hill that my brother-in-law called Thunder Mountain. When Thunder Mountain is covered with ice I can tell you it is a lot of fun to go sledding down! We all had a blast though it is difficult to get up the hill again.:-) I’m looking forward to sledding down Thunder Mountain tomorrow evening.
The ice was not gone yet before our snow storm last night. We got 6" of snow where I live. I tried to get out of the driveway this morning but the snow was too deep. It is gorgeous. I love being in the country after a snow storm. I went outside and took pictures. We don’t seem to get a good 6" snow like this very often. The bad thing is church has been cancelled 2 weeks in a row due to the weather.

No comments: