Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Best Homemade Granola

I'm not a big fan of granola. I like it best in yogurt. I've never found a recipe that I thought was delicious until my friend Rebecca Inglis gave me a bag of her granola. I couldn’t believe how yummy it was! That granola never made it into a bowl of yogurt. I had finished eating it all by the time I pulled into the driveway. (It is a 45 minute drive.) She made the recipe without any of the options. So here’s the recipe:


Best HomeMade Granola
1 cup butter or coconut oil
½ cup olive oil
¾ cup Sucanat or brown sugar
1 cup honey
2 Tb. Molasses
1 Tb. Vanilla
½ tsp. salt
8 cups rolled oats
2 cups Grape-Nuts
1 cup wheat germ

Optional: 1 cup sunflower seeds
½ cup walnuts
1 cup raisins
4 cups coconut

Boil the first 7 ingredients together for 1 minute. Cool: add the next 3-7 ingredients. Bake at 325 degrees for 24 minutes, stirring once in the middle until just browned. It will still be sticky. Stir to break up the clumps as it cools. Add raisins to mixture if desired when cool.

No comments: