Friday, April 14, 2006

Shonda Parker Phone Interview With Urban Homemaker

This morning I began listening to a phone interview the Urban Homemaker had with Shonda Parker. I didn’t realize the Urban Homemaker, one of my favorite companies, was doing these phone interviews. I think they are really neat! Shonda Parker was speaking about “ women's health issues, such as what causes irregular menstrual cycles? What can be done to help cycles be more regular in both young women and older women? What are some recommendations to help with PMS (i.e. mood swings, fatigue, irritability, scatterbrained-ness)? What are some natural ways women can build up their health before conceiving especially for older moms ages 35-45?"
I have only finished listening to about half the interview (its an hour long) and I decided to start all over and take notes.:-) I am a big, big fan of Shonda Parker! I love her books (which is why we carry them on our website!) and the manner she shares her herbal knowledge. I think she is very balanced. She believes in using herbs and whole foods as I do, but she does believe in traditional medical intervention when needed. I have been able to speak with Shonda Parker several times myself. She is a devoted Christian with a sweet humble spirit.
Try NaturallyHealthy website is her information website sharing “health for the whole family" This is my favorite site sharing a balanced approach to healthcare. Shonda offers a herbal course and a Professional herbal course through Naturally Healthy. She also has a Mother’s Guide to using herbal products for children chart. Shonda’s other website is
BirthSupplies, Formerly SLC Birth & Parenting Supplies. "More than a business, we do our best to network with midwives and childbearing parents to help you achieve a healthier, more satisfying birth experience and smoothly transition into the delights of parenting with quality healthcare supplies at affordable prices." Midwives will appreciate the Custom Birth Kits available though Birth Supplies.
Though I am terrible at taking my own herbs, I have been interested in herbals for sometime. I have gone through so many new age herbal books trying to weed through the philosophy present. It’s a relief to find Shonda Parker!

No comments: