Friday, July 07, 2006

The Berry Patch

If you read about the driving adventure of my Mom, sister, and I in reaching the blueberry farm, well I have news for you. We found it! We were trying to find The Berry Patch in Cleveland, MO. It was well worth trying to visit another evening. First of all, The Berry Patch is Missouri's largest blueberry farm with 10 miles of blueberry bushes. Secondly, The Berry Patch is located on a beautiful farm! I went with Caroline and Sean and their sons Mosiah and Israel a few evenings back. I was able to fill a 1/4 of a bucket off one bush! The Berry Patch has a Noah's Ark recreation area for the little tykes. They have a big hay bale maze, The Berry Train, sand and pea-gravel piles, and other fun things for the children to do.

As I was filling up my bucket I heard 3 little girls picking the next row over from me. One girl would find a bush loaded with berries and call excitedly for the other two, "You have got to come over here! This is the best bush ever!" Five minutes later they would find another "best" bush and rush over to there to pick. Their conversations were so cute! They were very serious about the task at hand.

Take a look at
The Berry Patch website to find the picking report, info on prices, driving directions, and more. They are open Tuesday thru Friday: 7 Am to 9 PM
Saturday 7 Am to 1 Pm. Closed Sundays and Mondays. They have a Country Store on the farm you'll want to stop in and look at. I believe they have several weeks of blueberry picking left. Have a great time!

No comments: