Thursday, November 02, 2006

Bravo To Mothers

I have a lot of respect for mothers of young children. As my nephews get older I see them often and get a taste of motherhood. Though at times it can be a gross muti tasking job, it has such sweet rewards. My Mom and sister are working on freezer meals this evening and tomorrow. My brother-in-law had not arrived from work yet so I was watching Mosiah (3) and Israel (1) while I worked at the computer. I have been sick the past few days with a combination of coughing and what feels like a sinus infection. I was awake till the wee hours coughing and was really behind on work for New Little Blessing with sleeping in once I fell asleep after 2 am. Mothers have little ones to care for even if they are sick! How do you keep up with all this? Mosiah and Israel have runny noses. Major time. That really grosses me out! Faithful aunt that I try to be, I would look up from the computer to see a nose that needed immediate attention. After 30 minutes of this I realized a nephew had left the room. The reason: diarrhea, and yes I got it all over my hands as I put him in the shower. The other runny nose nephew comes over and uses my shirt sleeve as a Kleenex. Need I say more? Despite all this I love children and my nephews especially! Mosiah came over to me and kept asking, “Aunt Jenny, please hold me.” He sat on my lap as I typed. He started hitting the keyboard. I explained to him Aunt Jenny was working like his Papa works in his Joinery shop. He wouldn’t want to hurt Papa’s work. That’s what he was doing hitting the key board. He was hurting Aunt Jenny’s work. That impressed him and he looked up saying he was sorry to hurt my work. The little Blue Berry sweety.:-)
Time to go! I promised to play puzzles with Mosiah after he ate supper
.

No comments: