Friday, August 04, 2006

What a day

I don’t like shoes. I avoid wearing them when ever possible. I’m a bare foot woman when I’m home! Although I live in the country I’m always running outside bare footed. I happened to have sandals on this morning. I went outside to water the flowers by the house. I stepped on something and looked down thinking it was the black garden hose. No, I had stepped on a snake! It was just a thin long creature and it slithered off quickly. I don’t think I hurt it. I will be thinking twice before I head outside without shoes!

I had such high hopes for today. There were many things I planned on getting done. :-) I came over to my sister Caroline’s house. I was missing her and my nephews. Everything could be done on her computer. I didn’t factor in 2 little nephews who are very distracting. While Caroline was taking care of baby Israel I helped Mosiah. He is being potty trained. After false alarm number #12 within 30 minutes, alarm # 13 was for real. Aunt Jenny didn’t get him to the bathroom in time. Mosiah got a quick bath then back to work I went. I stopped to fix lunch, play basketball with Mosiah, hold the baby while Caroline typed letters, and look for glass shards after Mosiah knocked two glass bowls on the floor. Now we are off to WalMart to buy some needed supplies for an orphanage in Liberia. Today is the deadline to get items in the barrel. Just think of what I would have missed today!

No comments: