Friday, November 10, 2006

Gehman's Country Fabrics

Review by Crystal Paine of BiblicalWomanhoodonline

Gehman's Country Fabrics

Okay, I have a really big confession to make here... I'm a procrastinator. I always have great plans and it seems that I get so distracted, many of those great plans never happen.

I had promised a review of Gehman's Country Fabrics over 4 months ago and here I am, just finally doing it. Now granted, I have been quite backlogged on getting things posted on my blog and have a large file of stuff waiting to post, however, that is still not a good excuse. The real reason it hasn't gotten done is because they sent me this gorgeous fabric to make a skirt with, and, well, um... the skirt isn't done. Dare I tell it isn't even cut out? Yes, that's right folks. So anyone who still has some crazy visions of me being some "superwoman" can go up and knock me right down off of that pedastal you put me up on.

I'm not superwoman. Instead, the truth is that I'm really and truly a procrastinator. I kept saying I'd sew that skirt this week, or tomorrow. I kept moving it from my daily to-do list to the next day. I finally decided that the skirt would probably fit Kathrynne by the time I actually got it done, so I'd better just do the review, skirt or no skirt. So, here goes the review, with my great apologies to Gehman's and sincere thanks for your wonderful patience. If I ever do finish the skirt (which I'm sure I will now that I've embarrassed myself so much about it!), I'll post a picture!

I was incredibly impressed with Gehman's Country Fabrics, not only the fabric they sent, but the people themselves. Owned and operated in rural Pennsylvania, the Gehman family is committed to providing fabrics and more to women who desire to dress modestly. Their fabrics are very high quality and their customer service is above par.

Gehman's offers a wide variety of fabrics - from Tropical Breeze fabrics, to Country Rose fabrics, they are constantly adding to their stock (Take a peek here at their new fabrics for this month). They also offer custom-made cape dresses, modest slips, sewing notions, baby items, and more.

So, instead of being like me, don't procrastinate - visit their website today! You can also print their catalog right here, if you'd rather print and peruse their selections off-line.

No comments: